The Ullapool congregation was formed in 1894, and together with Coigach and Scoraig it comprised the Lochbroom charge. The Ullapool church building dates back before 1896. The missionaries from 1894 to 1896 were J. Munro in Ullapool, William Matheson in Coigach, and J. Maciver in Scoraig. The ministers have been Rev. John Macleod (later Principal Macleod of the Free Church College) 1897-1901; Rev. Andrew Sutherland, 1910-1918; Rev. D.N. Macleod, 1924-1967; Rev. Malcolm MacInnes, 1968-1973; and Rev. N.M. Ross, 1978-1992.
The call to Mr Sutherland in 1910 was signed by 594 people. The congregation numbered about 60 in the 1950s and 1960s.
Coigach and Scoraig both closed in the 1960s. The congregation was united with Lochinver to form the Lochbroom and Assynt congregation in 1994.
The congregation dates back to 1893 and together with the preaching station of Stoer it formed the Assynt charge. The Lochinver church was built in 1897.
Initially the congregation was supplied by missionaries: Donald Graham from 1893 to 1902; William Sutherland 1893-1895; Andrew Tallach, 1906-1910; Donald Mackenzie 1910-.
Thereafter there were three ministers settled over the congregation: Rev. M. Morrison, 1913-1934; Rev. Alexander Macaskill, 1937-1982; and Rev. A.N. MacPhail, 1985-1989. The call to Mr Morrison was signed by about 800 people, that to Mr Macaskill by 374 people, and that to Mr Macphail by about 70 people.
The last communion in Lochinver was held in October 2007, and the last regular service about the beginning of November 2012.
Other meetings places included Drumbeg, Elphin, and Unapool.