Varden Street, London E1
Sabbath (Lord's Day) 11.00 am and 6.30 pm
Wednesday 7.00 pm
First Sabbath in May (except for 2017 when it will be the fifth Sabbath of April) and third Sabbath in October.
Rev John Macleod
6 Church Avenue,
Sidcup, Kent, DA14 6BU
Tel: 0208 309 1623
- Salvation and Communion 5 May 2014
- Christ carrying sin to the cross 4 May 2014
- Dealing with the Lord in five marks of grace 2 May 2014
- Dealing with five kinds of sin 1 May 2014
- The mountains where Christ and the Church dwell 21 Oct 2013
- Mary’s love at the sepulchre 18 Oct 2013
- A prayer confessing sin to a great God 17 Oct 2013
- Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the Lord 2 May 2011
- Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd 1 May 2011
- Lord, all my desire is before thee 29 Apr 2011
The first Free Presbyterian service in London was held in November 1898. The congregation became a mission station in 1908 and a sanctioned charge in 1927. The ministers of the congregation have been Rev. JP MacQueen, 1936-1961; Rev. DB Macleod, 1962-1971; Rev. M MacInnes, 1973-1977; Rev. A McPherson, 1979-1992; Rev. KM Watkins, 1993-2001; and Rev. J MacLeod, 2004-date. The congregation met in rented accommodation until 1974 when the present Varden Street chapel was purchased from the Gospel Standard Strict Baptists.
For a more detailed history of the congregation, see here.