23 Matheson Road
Stornoway, HS1 2LR
Sabbath (Lord's Day) 11.00 am and 6:30 pm
Thursday 7.30 pm
Sabbath (Lord's Day) 12 noon
Tuesday 7.00 pm
Third Sabbath in February and last Sabbath in August.
Second Sabbath in May.
Rev James R Tallach, MB, ChB
2 Fleming Place,
Stornoway, HS1 2NH
Tel: 01851 702501
- ‘Who are these?’ 18 Sep 2016
- A happy people: ‘whose God is the Lord’ 18 Sep 2016
- Glorious things are said of the city of the Lord (Prayer Meeting Address) 15 Sep 2016
- ‘But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her’ 11 Sep 2016
- ‘And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch’ 11 Sep 2016
- ‘Thine arrows are sharp in the heart of the King’s enemies; whereby the people fall under Thee’ 8 Sep 2016
- ‘Labour…for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you’ 4 Sep 2016
- Christ’s sepulchre and His burial 4 Sep 2016
- ‘How shall we sing the Lord’s song in a strange land?’ 29 Aug 2016
- ‘I love my master, and my wife and my children . . .’ 28 Aug 2016
The congregation dates back to 1893 and the church to 1899. The ministers have been Rev. George Mackay, 1898- 1905; Rev. Neil MacIntyre, 1908-1923; Rev. Malcolm Gillies, 1925-1945; Rev. Donald Campbell, 1947-1951; Rev. J.A. Tallach, 1952-1960; Rev. D.M. Macleod, 1961-1968; Rev. John MacLeod, 1969-2004; and Rev. J.R. Tallach 2009-date.
For a more detailed history of the congregation, see here.