General Information 2018-19
There will be three exercises, the first in the October 2018 Young People’s Magazine, the second next February and the third in May. Search the Scriptures, and may the Lord bless His Word to you so that it may be mixed with faith in your hearts.
Please read the following rules very carefully before you begin:
- Your section for the whole year is decided by your age on 1 October 2018. Stay in that section for the three sets of exercises. You may miss a prize or award by changing sections.
- Exercises are to be in the correctors’ hands before November 30, March 31 and June 30. So you have about two months in which to do each exercise. Please send it in time in case you lose marks for being late.
- Each entry is to be the work of the person whose name is on it, except for beginners in the Lower Primary Section, who are allowed a little help.
- Prizes will be given in all sections except Lower Primary, and awards of books will be given to everyone in each section who does the three exercises. The names of the award and prize winners will be published in The Young People’s Magazine.
- Teachers and others working with young people can arrange for groups to do the exercises, and correctors will be glad to hear from them.
- The exercises are based on the Bible Reading Cards which will be distributed through the ministers of the congregations (or they may be obtained from the Free Presbyterian Bookroom, 133 Woodlands Road, Glasgow, G3 6LE). It is very important for you to read God’s Word every day. The exercises this year are based on readings from cards D and A: Exercise 1: Jeremiah 47 to Daniel 4, and 2 Corinthians 5 to Hebrews 13. Excercise 2: Daniel 5 to Malachi 4, Genesis 1 to 23, James 1 to Revelation 22 and Matthew 1 to 11. Exercise 3: Genesis 24 to Exodus 34 and Matthew 12 to Mark 16.
- The names of those who have completed the first two exercises and of the award and prize winners have been published in The Young People’s Magazine. Because of changes in data protection laws, this is no longer possible, unless permission is given; and so prizes and awards for 2018-19 were not printed. Please indicate on your answer paper if you wish your name to be printed in future.
- All answers from overseas should be sent to Miss Naomi Clemence, 67 Cloberhill Road, Glasgow, G13 2LB.
Worksheets for Exercise 1