The Kames congregation was the first to join the Free Presbyterian Church in 1893.
The ministers were Rev. A MacRae, 1894-1899; Rev John Macleod, 1901-1905; Rev. Ewan MacQueen, 1912-1919; Rev. D. MacKenzie, 1921-1930; Rev. J.A. Tallach, 1931-1952; and Rev D.A. Macdonald, 1969-1975.
The church seated 400 people. In 1994 the charge was reduced to a preaching station. Services discontinued in 1997 and the church was sold.
For the events of 1892-3 in Argyll, see Resistance to the 1892 Declaratory Act in Argyllshire (pdf); and for a detailed account of the subsequent history of the Kames congregation, see The Witness of the Kames Free Presbyterian Church, Argyllshire (pdf).