Stoer was a preaching station under the Lochinver congregation, dating back to 1893.
The church was built c.1900, see FPM Vol.4 p.437.
The services were taken by missionaries: D. Gillies in 1894; Murdo MacLeod, 1895–1917; Charles Landels, –c.1935; Donald MacKenzie; Donald MacSween; Neil MacLeod, c.1936-1956; and Alexander MacDonald, c.1958-1961.
The congregation numbered about 350 in the 1930s. At communions in the 1950s, the Gaelic service was held in the church and the English in the school.
The last communion was held in October 1997 and the final service on Sabbath 21st October 2001.