2 Alford Place
Aberdeen AB10 1YD
Sabbath (Lord's Day) 11.00 am and 6.00 pm
Tuesday 7.15 pm
First Sabbath in May and fourth Sabbath in September (except that in 2016 the second Communion will be on the first Sabbath of November DV, not the fourth Sabbath of September).
Rev D Somerset
18 Carlton Place
Aberdeen, AB15 4BQ
Tel: 01224 645250
- We are to follow the example of Christ 22 Oct 2017
- The Holy Spirit gives believers the fear of the Lord 22 Oct 2017
- Moses, exceeding fair 15 Oct 2017
- Christ is looking for a sincere seeking in the soul 15 Oct 2017
- The Christian must continue as he began 10 Oct 2017
- The people of God desire righteousness 8 Oct 2017
- The people of God supply their needs from Christ 8 Oct 2017
- We are to meditate on God’s wondrous works 26 Sep 2017
- A faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation 24 Sep 2017
- Christ paying His vows for His people 23 Sep 2017
The first Free Presbyterian service in Aberdeen in recent years was held in November 1963. Regular Sabbath services commenced in 1968, and the congregation became a mission station in 1970, a sanctioned charge in 1971, and a Church extension charge in 2005. The present church building in Alford Place is the former Free Church College (Christ’s College) library, which was purchased in April 1989. The ministers of the congregation have been Rev. E. A. Rayner, 1972-1976; Rev. John Tallach, 1979-1989; and Rev. Douglas Somerset, 2005-date.
For a more detailed history of the Aberdeen congregation, click here.