2 Alford Place
Aberdeen AB10 1YD
Sabbath (Lord's Day) 11.00 am and 6.00 pm
Tuesday 7.15 pm
First Sabbath in May and fourth Sabbath in September (except that in 2016 the second Communion will be on the first Sabbath of November DV, not the fourth Sabbath of September).
Rev D Somerset
18 Carlton Place
Aberdeen, AB15 4BQ
Tel: 01224 645250
- We should desire to be within the gates of righteousness 22 May 2016
- Christ died for His people; therefore they are to bear with each other 22 May 2016
- God is the life of his people 15 May 2016
- God’s things are strange to men until they believe 15 May 2016
- The blood of Christ is speaking graciously to the soul 11 May 2016
- The law works sin in unbelievers but grace in believers 8 May 2016
- We must be Christians to escape punishment 8 May 2016
- True believers are delivered from condemnation 3 May 2016
- Christ turns vanity into purpose 1 May 2016
- Forget not the work of thy hands 29 Apr 2016
The first Free Presbyterian service in Aberdeen in recent years was held in November 1963. Regular Sabbath services commenced in 1968, and the congregation became a mission station in 1970, a sanctioned charge in 1971, and a Church extension charge in 2005. The present church building in Alford Place is the former Free Church College (Christ’s College) library, which was purchased in April 1989. The ministers of the congregation have been Rev. E. A. Rayner, 1972-1976; Rev. John Tallach, 1979-1989; and Rev. Douglas Somerset, 2005-date.
For a more detailed history of the Aberdeen congregation, click here.