2 Alford Place
Aberdeen AB10 1YD
Sabbath (Lord's Day) 11.00 am and 6.00 pm
Tuesday 7.15 pm
First Sabbath in May and fourth Sabbath in September (except that in 2016 the second Communion will be on the first Sabbath of November DV, not the fourth Sabbath of September).
Rev D Somerset
18 Carlton Place
Aberdeen, AB15 4BQ
Tel: 01224 645250
- The great Warrior-King 30 Apr 2017
- Fencing of the Lord’s table 30 Apr 2017
- The Apostle and High Priest of our profession 29 Apr 2017
- Christ gives life to the soul 28 Apr 2017
- Blessed are they that mourn 27 Apr 2017
- Drawing near to God 2 Apr 2017
- Let us keep the Christian passover rightly 2 Apr 2017
- Increase our faith 28 Mar 2017
- God’s presence separates the Church and the World 26 Mar 2017
- What value do you place on Christ? 26 Mar 2017
The first Free Presbyterian service in Aberdeen in recent years was held in November 1963. Regular Sabbath services commenced in 1968, and the congregation became a mission station in 1970, a sanctioned charge in 1971, and a Church extension charge in 2005. The present church building in Alford Place is the former Free Church College (Christ’s College) library, which was purchased in April 1989. The ministers of the congregation have been Rev. E. A. Rayner, 1972-1976; Rev. John Tallach, 1979-1989; and Rev. Douglas Somerset, 2005-date.
For a more detailed history of the Aberdeen congregation, click here.