2 Alford Place
Aberdeen AB10 1YD
Sabbath (Lord's Day) 11.00 am and 6.00 pm
Tuesday 7.15 pm
First Sabbath in May and fourth Sabbath in September (except that in 2016 the second Communion will be on the first Sabbath of November DV, not the fourth Sabbath of September).
Rev D Somerset
18 Carlton Place
Aberdeen, AB15 4BQ
Tel: 01224 645250
- God is the stay of His people 5 Sep 2017
- Christ is like a tender plant and a root out of a dry ground 3 Sep 2017
- Christ is chosen of God and precious 29 Aug 2017
- Believers love Christ because He heals them 22 Aug 2017
- The blessing in keeping the Sabbath day 20 Aug 2017
- Angels helping the Church because of Christ 20 Aug 2017
- Christ saves His people from Satan 15 Aug 2017
- The right way to fight the enemy 13 Aug 2017
- The promises of God belong to the Church 8 Aug 2017
- Christian religion the stability of thy times 6 Aug 2017
The first Free Presbyterian service in Aberdeen in recent years was held in November 1963. Regular Sabbath services commenced in 1968, and the congregation became a mission station in 1970, a sanctioned charge in 1971, and a Church extension charge in 2005. The present church building in Alford Place is the former Free Church College (Christ’s College) library, which was purchased in April 1989. The ministers of the congregation have been Rev. E. A. Rayner, 1972-1976; Rev. John Tallach, 1979-1989; and Rev. Douglas Somerset, 2005-date.
For a more detailed history of the Aberdeen congregation, click here.