2 Alford Place
Aberdeen AB10 1YD
Sabbath (Lord's Day) 11.00 am and 6.00 pm
Tuesday 7.15 pm
First Sabbath in May and fourth Sabbath in September (except that in 2016 the second Communion will be on the first Sabbath of November DV, not the fourth Sabbath of September).
Rev D Somerset
18 Carlton Place
Aberdeen, AB15 4BQ
Tel: 01224 645250
- The believer retains the word of God 7 May 2019
- Christ saves to the uttermost 5 May 2019
- Christ bestows peace upon his people 4 May 2019
- We should follow Christ in feeding others 30 Apr 2019
- Judgement is near to those who will not be reproved 28 Apr 2019
- The work of redemption redounds to the glory of Christ 14 Apr 2019
- We are to come to God with confidence 13 Jan 2019
- Christians are to rejoice in their God and their King 7 Aug 2018
- Christ was without blemish and without spot 5 Aug 2018
- Multitudes in the valley of decision 29 Jul 2018
The first Free Presbyterian service in Aberdeen in recent years was held in November 1963. Regular Sabbath services commenced in 1968, and the congregation became a mission station in 1970, a sanctioned charge in 1971, and a Church extension charge in 2005. The present church building in Alford Place is the former Free Church College (Christ’s College) library, which was purchased in April 1989. The ministers of the congregation have been Rev. E. A. Rayner, 1972-1976; Rev. John Tallach, 1979-1989; and Rev. Douglas Somerset, 2005-date.
For a more detailed history of the Aberdeen congregation, click here.