2 Alford Place
Aberdeen AB10 1YD
Sabbath (Lord's Day) 11.00 am and 6.00 pm
Tuesday 7.15 pm
First Sabbath in May and fourth Sabbath in September (except that in 2016 the second Communion will be on the first Sabbath of November DV, not the fourth Sabbath of September).
Rev D Somerset
18 Carlton Place
Aberdeen, AB15 4BQ
Tel: 01224 645250
- Christ the Ensign, to whom the righteous gather 30 Jan 2018
- Christ’s body is given to His people as food 28 Jan 2018
- God cleanses and exalts His people through the high priest 28 Jan 2018
- Those that contradict God have no light 23 Jan 2018
- The people of God are a ransomed people 21 Jan 2018
- The Christian is both Christ’s servant and Christ’s freeman 16 Jan 2018
- Christ saves His people by His life 14 Jan 2018
- Conforming to idolatry may prove fatal 14 Jan 2018
- The Holy Spirit uses spiritual means to explain spiritual things 9 Jan 2018
- Chirstians are accused of crimes against God and man 7 Jan 2018
The first Free Presbyterian service in Aberdeen in recent years was held in November 1963. Regular Sabbath services commenced in 1968, and the congregation became a mission station in 1970, a sanctioned charge in 1971, and a Church extension charge in 2005. The present church building in Alford Place is the former Free Church College (Christ’s College) library, which was purchased in April 1989. The ministers of the congregation have been Rev. E. A. Rayner, 1972-1976; Rev. John Tallach, 1979-1989; and Rev. Douglas Somerset, 2005-date.
For a more detailed history of the Aberdeen congregation, click here.