2 Alford Place
Aberdeen AB10 1YD
Sabbath (Lord's Day) 11.00 am and 6.00 pm
Tuesday 7.15 pm
First Sabbath in May and fourth Sabbath in September (except that in 2016 the second Communion will be on the first Sabbath of November DV, not the fourth Sabbath of September).
Rev D Somerset
18 Carlton Place
Aberdeen, AB15 4BQ
Tel: 01224 645250
- We need the righteousness of God 18 Feb 2018
- The lowliness of Chrit and His people contrasted with the pride of the ungodly 18 Feb 2018
- A Godly life flows from a sense of pardon 11 Feb 2018
- Christ has fulfilled the law on behalf of sinners 11 Feb 2018
- We are to discern providence 7 Feb 2018
- Christ is the Shepherd and Prince of His people 4 Feb 2018
- Christ the Ensign, to whom the righteous gather 30 Jan 2018
- Christ’s body is given to His people as food 28 Jan 2018
- God cleanses and exalts His people through the high priest 28 Jan 2018
- Those that contradict God have no light 23 Jan 2018
The first Free Presbyterian service in Aberdeen in recent years was held in November 1963. Regular Sabbath services commenced in 1968, and the congregation became a mission station in 1970, a sanctioned charge in 1971, and a Church extension charge in 2005. The present church building in Alford Place is the former Free Church College (Christ’s College) library, which was purchased in April 1989. The ministers of the congregation have been Rev. E. A. Rayner, 1972-1976; Rev. John Tallach, 1979-1989; and Rev. Douglas Somerset, 2005-date.
For a more detailed history of the Aberdeen congregation, click here.