There will be three exercises, the first in the October 2023 Young People’s Magazine (the worksheets for these can be found at the links below), the second in February 2024 and the third in May 2024. Search the Scriptures, and may the Lord bless His Word to you so that it may be mixed with faith in your hearts.
Please read the following rules very carefully before you begin:
- Your section for the whole year is decided by your age on 1 October 2023. Stay in that section for the three sets of exercises. You may miss a prize or award by changing sections.
- Exercises are to be sent to correctors, by post or by e-mail, before November 30, March 31 and June 30. So you have about two months in which to do each exercise. Please send it in time in case you lose marks for being late.
- Each entry is to be the work of the person whose name is on it, except for beginners in the Lower Primary Section, who are allowed a little help, as is anyone in any section who has special needs.
- Prizes will be given in all sections except Lower Primary, and awards of books will be given to everyone in each section who does the three exercises.
- Teachers and others working with young people can arrange for groups to do the exercises, and correctors will be glad to hear from them.
- The exercises are based on the Bible Reading Cards which will be distributed through the ministers of the congregations (or they may be obtained from the Free Presbyterian Bookroom, 133 Woodlands Road, Glasgow, G3 6LE). It is very important for you to read God’s Word every day. The exercises this year are based on the Bible readings from cards A and B: Exercise 1: Exodus 35 to Numbers 21, and Luke 1 to John 6. Exercise 2: Numbers 22 to Joshua 13, and John 7 to Acts 19. Exercise 3: Joshua 14 to 1 Samuel 25, and Acts 20 to 2 Corinthians 4.
- The names of those who complete the first two exercises and of the award and prize winners will be published in The Young People’s Magazine. Because of data protection laws, those who are doing the exercises for the first time should indicate on their answer paper if they wish their name to be published.
Worksheets for Exercise 1