There will be three exercises, the first in the October 2021 Young People’s Magazine, the second in February 2022 and the third in May 2022. Search the Scriptures, and may the Lord bless His Word to you so that it may be mixed with faith in your hearts.
Please read the following rules very carefully before you begin:
- Your section for the whole year is decided by your age on 1 October 2021. Stay in that section for the three sets of exercises. You may miss a prize or award by changing sections.
- Exercises are to be in the correctors’ hands before November 30, March 31 and June 30. So you have about two months in which to do each exercise. Please send it in time in case you lose marks for being late. You should say on your first answer paper if you wish your name to appear in The Young People’s Magazine to show that the corrector has received your exercise.
- Each entry is to be the work of the person whose name is on it, except for beginners in the Lower Primary Section, who are allowed a little help.
- Prizes will be given in all sections except Lower Primary, and awards of books will be given to everyone in each section who does the three exercises. The names of the award and prize winners will be published in The Young People’s Magazine.
- Teachers and others working with young people can arrange for groups to do the exercises, and correctors will be glad to hear from them.
- The exercises are based on the Bible Reading Cards which will be distributed through the ministers of the congregations (or they may be obtained from the Free Presbyterian Bookroom, 133 Woodlands Road, Glasgow, G3 6LE). It is very important for you to read God’s Word every day. The exercises this year are based on the following Bible readings from cards C and D. Exercise 1: Job 27 to Psalm 128, and Luke 1 to John 6. Excercise 2: Psalm 129 to Isaiah 40, and John 7 to Acts 19. Exercise 3: Isaiah 41 to Jeremiah 46, and Acts 20 to 2 Corinthians 4.
Worksheets for Exercise 1