There will be three exercises, the first in the October 2019 Young People’s Magazine, the second next February and the third in May. Search the Scriptures, and may the Lord bless His Word to you so that it may be mixed with faith in your hearts.
Please read the following rules very carefully before you begin:
- Your section for the whole year is decided by your age on 1 October 2019. Stay in that section for the three sets of exercises. You may miss a prize or award by changing sections.
- Exercises are to be in the correctors’ hands before November 30, March 31 and June 30. So you have about two months in which to do each exercise. Please send it in time in case you lose marks for being late.
- Each entry is to be the work of the person whose name is on it, except for beginners in the Lower Primary Section, who are allowed a little help, as is anyone in any section who has special needs.
- Prizes will be given in all sections except Lower Primary, and awards of books will be given to everyone in each section who does the three exercises. The names of the award and prize winners will be published in The Young People’s Magazine.
- Teachers and others working with young people can arrange for groups to do the exercises, and correctors will be glad to hear from them.
- The exercises are based on the Bible Reading Cards which will be distributed through congregations (or they may be obtained from the Free Presbyterian Bookroom, 133 Woodlands Road, Glasgow, G3 6LE). It is very important for you to read God’s Word every day. The exercises this year are based on readings from cards A and B: Exercise 1: Exodus 35 to Numbers 21, and Luke 1 to John 6. Excercise 2: Numbers 22 to Joshua 13, and John 7 to Acts 19. Exercise 3: Joshua 14 to 1 Samuel 25, and Acts 20 to 2 Corinthians 4.
- The names of those who complete the first two exercises and of the award and prize winners have been published in The Young People’s Magazine – if your permission is given. Please indicate on your answer paper if you wish your name to be published, especially if this is the first time you do these exercises or if you have changed sections.
- All answers from overseas should be sent to Miss Naomi Clemence, 67 Cloberhill Road, Glasgow, G13 2LB.
Worksheets for Exercise 2
Worksheets for Exercise 1