Sabbath (Lord's Day) 11.00 am and 6.30 pm
Wednesday 7.30 pm
Last Sabbath in January and June.
Rev D W B Somerset
18 Carlton Place
Tel: 01224 645250
- Calling a Minister 31 Mar 2015
- The Everlasting Covenant 8 Feb 2015
- Fencing of the Lord’s Table 25 Jan 2015
- Lord’s Table Addresses 25 Jan 2015
- Destroy it not; for a blessing is in it 14 Dec 2014
- Directions for Perseverance 5 Nov 2014
- Acting like Noah’s contemporaries 7 May 1978
- ‘I remembered God and was troubled’ 10 Apr 1977
The Inverness congregation dates back to 1893, the first minister, Rev. Allan Mackenzie being ordained in November of that year. Mr Mackenzie left in 1897. Subsequent ministers have been Rev. JR Mackay, 1900-1918; Rev. Ewan MacQueen, 1919-1938; Rev. AF Mackay, 1947-1987; Rev. DM Boyd, 1989-2000; and Rev. GG Hutton, 2001-date. The first church building was on Fraser Street. The present church on Chapel Street was opened in January 1900.
For a more detailed history of the congregation, see here.