Sabbath (Lord's Day) 11.00 am and 6.30 pm
Wednesday 7.30 pm
Last Sabbath in January and June.
Rev Kenneth D Macleod
Free Presbyterian Manse
11 Auldcastle Road
Tel: 01463 712872
- Sorrows for the wicked but mercy and rejoicing for believers 17 Jan 2018
- Christ dying, and numbered with transgressors 14 Jan 2018
- Sorrows and mercy 10 Jan 2018
- Life is short 7 Jan 2018
- The believer’s company 7 Jan 2018
- A promise of teaching 3 Jan 2018
- The constant duty to glorify God 1 Jan 2018
- Everything brought to judgement 31 Dec 2017
- Confidence in view of the judgement 31 Dec 2017
- An offer of teaching 27 Dec 2017
The Inverness congregation dates back to 1893, the first minister, Rev. Allan Mackenzie being ordained in November of that year. Mr Mackenzie left in 1897. Subsequent ministers have been Rev. JR Mackay, 1900-1918; Rev. Ewan MacQueen, 1919-1938; Rev. AF Mackay, 1947-1987; Rev. DM Boyd, 1989-2000; Rev. GG Hutton, 2001-2014; Rev. KD Macleod, 2017-date. The first church building was on Fraser Street. The present church on Chapel Street was opened in January 1900.
For a more detailed history of the congregation, see here.