Sabbath (Lord's Day) 11.00 am and 6.30 pm
Wednesday 7.30 pm
Last Sabbath in January and June.
Rev Kenneth D Macleod
Free Presbyterian Manse
11 Auldcastle Road
Tel: 01463 712872
- The desire for God to be glorified (2) 2 Jan 2019
- God will do great things 1 Jan 2019
- Our responsibility to know our spiritual condition 30 Dec 2018
- The final call to come to Christ 30 Dec 2018
- The desire for God to be glorified (1) 26 Dec 2018
- Water for the poor and needy 23 Dec 2018
- How can God accept a sinner? 23 Dec 2018
- “Our Father . . . in heaven” (3) 19 Dec 2018
- The safety of those who believe 16 Dec 2018
- A place for God to dwell 16 Dec 2018
The Inverness congregation dates back to 1893, the first minister, Rev. Allan Mackenzie being ordained in November of that year. Mr Mackenzie left in 1897. Subsequent ministers have been Rev. JR Mackay, 1900-1918; Rev. Ewan MacQueen, 1919-1938; Rev. AF Mackay, 1947-1987; Rev. DM Boyd, 1989-2000; Rev. GG Hutton, 2001-2014; Rev. KD Macleod, 2017-date. The first church building was on Fraser Street. The present church on Chapel Street was opened in January 1900.
For a more detailed history of the congregation, see here.