Sabbath (Lord's Day) 11.00 am and 6.30 pm
Wednesday 7.30 pm
Last Sabbath in January and June.
Rev Kenneth D Macleod
Free Presbyterian Manse
11 Auldcastle Road
Tel: 01463 712872
- Praying for protection against temptation (1) 24 Apr 2019
- No one spoke like Christ 21 Apr 2019
- Praying for forgiveness (2) 17 Apr 2019
- How can we become God’s children? 14 Apr 2019
- Delivered from the pit of destruction 14 Apr 2019
- Ahab’s incomplete repentance 7 Apr 2019
- Using knowledge properly 7 Apr 2019
- Praying for forgiveness (1) 3 Apr 2019
- Jabez’ prayer 31 Mar 2019
- Jesus preaching and healing 31 Mar 2019
The Inverness congregation dates back to 1893, the first minister, Rev. Allan Mackenzie being ordained in November of that year. Mr Mackenzie left in 1897. Subsequent ministers have been Rev. JR Mackay, 1900-1918; Rev. Ewan MacQueen, 1919-1938; Rev. AF Mackay, 1947-1987; Rev. DM Boyd, 1989-2000; Rev. GG Hutton, 2001-2014; Rev. KD Macleod, 2017-date. The first church building was on Fraser Street. The present church on Chapel Street was opened in January 1900.
For a more detailed history of the congregation, see here.