2 Alford Place
Aberdeen AB10 1YD
Sabbath (Lord's Day) 11.00 am and 6.00 pm
Tuesday 7.15 pm
First Sabbath in May and fourth Sabbath in September (except that in 2016 the second Communion will be on the first Sabbath of November DV, not the fourth Sabbath of September).
Rev D Somerset
18 Carlton Place
Aberdeen, AB15 4BQ
Tel: 01224 645250
E-mail: [email protected]
- Christ sanctifying and cleansing the Church 30 Jul 2019
- Christ humbled Himself in His life and in His death 28 Jul 2019
- Christ was delivered to the Gentiles to be the Saviour of the world 28 Jul 2019
- God gives grace that He might receive glory 23 Jul 2019
- The Philistines show us something of the human heart 21 Jul 2019
- Christ has a great love to His people 21 Jul 2019
- Christ saw His own life in that of Joseph 7 Jul 2019
- The believer retains the word of God 7 May 2019
- Christ saves to the uttermost 5 May 2019
- Christ bestows peace upon his people 4 May 2019
The first Free Presbyterian service in Aberdeen in recent years was held in November 1963. Regular Sabbath services commenced in 1968, and the congregation became a mission station in 1970, a sanctioned charge in 1971, and a Church extension charge in 2005. The present church building in Alford Place is the former Free Church College (Christ’s College) library, which was purchased in April 1989. The ministers of the congregation have been Rev. E. A. Rayner, 1972-1976; Rev. John Tallach, 1979-1989; and Rev. Douglas Somerset, 2005-date.
For a more detailed history of the Aberdeen congregation, click here.