2 Alford Place
Aberdeen AB10 1YD
Sabbath (Lord's Day) 11.00 am and 6.00 pm
Tuesday 7.15 pm
First Sabbath in May and fourth Sabbath in September.
Rev D Somerset
18 Carlton Place
Aberdeen, AB15 4BQ
Tel: 01224 645250
E-mail: [email protected]
- Jesus Christ is Lord 4 Jun 2023
- We must seek God’s favour 4 Jun 2023
- Christ sanctifies affliction 30 May 2023
- Christ rising into his rest 23 Apr 2023
- The children of the Kingdom must embrace their King 27 Dec 2020
- The resurrection of Christ is the resurrection of His church and His people. 27 Dec 2020
- Active in Christ’s service 29 Sep 2020
- Others are to obtain mercy through our mercy 27 Sep 2020
- We must bring spiritual sacrifices to God by Christ 27 Sep 2020
- Our duty to hear the judgements of God 22 Sep 2020
The first Free Presbyterian service in Aberdeen in recent years was held in November 1963. Regular Sabbath services commenced in 1968, and the congregation became a mission station in 1970, a sanctioned charge in 1971, and a Church extension charge in 2005. The present church building in Alford Place is the former Free Church College (Christ’s College) library, which was purchased in April 1989. The ministers of the congregation have been Rev. E. A. Rayner, 1972-1976; Rev. John Tallach, 1979-1989; and Rev. Douglas Somerset, 2005-date.
For a more detailed history of the Aberdeen congregation, click here.