Varden Street, London E1 2AW
Sabbath (Lord's Day) 10.30 am and 5.30 pm
Wednesday 7.15 pm
First Sabbath in May and third Sabbath in October.
Rev Roderick Macleod
4 Laurel Park Close
Jordanhill, Glasgow, G13 1RD
Tel: 0141 954 3759
E-mail: [email protected]
- The mountains where Christ and the Church dwell 21 Oct 2013
- Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the Lord 2 May 2011
- Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd 1 May 2011
- Lord, all my desire is before thee 29 Apr 2011
- Iniquity and forgiveness 28 Apr 2011
- Contentment in Changing Circumstances 3 May 2010
- The Decease Christ Accomplished At Jerusalem 2 May 2010
- Out of thee shall He come forth unto Me that is to be ruler in Israel 16 Oct 1994
- Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him 14 Oct 1994
- Though our iniquities testify against us, do Thou it for Thy name’s sake 13 Oct 1994
The first Free Presbyterian service in London was held in November 1898. The congregation became a mission station in 1908 and a sanctioned charge in 1927. The ministers of the congregation have been Rev. JP MacQueen, 1936-1961; Rev. DB Macleod, 1962-1971; Rev. M MacInnes, 1973-1977; Rev. A McPherson, 1979-1992; Rev. KM Watkins, 1993-2001; and Rev. J MacLeod, 2004-2020. The congregation met in rented accommodation until 1974 when the present Varden Street chapel was purchased from the Gospel Standard Strict Baptists.
For a more detailed history of the congregation, see here.