Varden Street, London E1
Sabbath (Lord's Day) 11.00 am and 6.30 pm
Wednesday 7.15 pm
First Sabbath in May and third Sabbath in October.
Rev John Macleod
6 Church Avenue,
Sidcup, Kent, DA14 6BU
Tel: 0208 309 1623
E-mail: [email protected]
- Salvation and Communion 5 May 2014
- Christ carrying sin to the cross 4 May 2014
- Dealing with the Lord in five marks of grace 2 May 2014
- Dealing with five kinds of sin 1 May 2014
- The mountains where Christ and the Church dwell 21 Oct 2013
- Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the Lord 2 May 2011
- Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd 1 May 2011
- Lord, all my desire is before thee 29 Apr 2011
- Iniquity and forgiveness 28 Apr 2011
- What do you think about salvation? 20 Jun 2010
The first Free Presbyterian service in London was held in November 1898. The congregation became a mission station in 1908 and a sanctioned charge in 1927. The ministers of the congregation have been Rev. JP MacQueen, 1936-1961; Rev. DB Macleod, 1962-1971; Rev. M MacInnes, 1973-1977; Rev. A McPherson, 1979-1992; Rev. KM Watkins, 1993-2001; and Rev. J MacLeod, 2004-date. The congregation met in rented accommodation until 1974 when the present Varden Street chapel was purchased from the Gospel Standard Strict Baptists.
For a more detailed history of the congregation, see here.