63 Gilmore Place
Edinburgh, EH3 9NU
No services being held for the present due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
Third Sabbath in May and fourth Sabbath in October. The May 2020 communion is cancelled due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
Rev D Campbell
35B Barnton Ave West
Edinburgh, EH4 6DF
Tel: 0131 312 8227
Email: [email protected]
- A dangerous time: men glorying in sin 24 Oct 2013
- My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? 22 Oct 2002
- Job searching for Christ 20 Oct 2002
- Mary at the sepulchre 19 May 2000
- Ashamed of Christ? 8 Jan 1995
- A new birth needed for getting into God’s kingdom 24 Jun 1994
- The parable of the fig tree 14 Feb 1993
- Why have ye done this? 17 Apr 1983
- Gaelic sermon: Tha mi air teachd do mo lios, a phiuthar, a cheile 17 Apr 1983
- Learning from the Queen of Sheba 10 Apr 1983
Mr Iain MacLeod
Tel: 0131 334 4057
The Edinburgh congregation was formed in 1893 or soon afterwards. The first minister was Rev. Alexander Stewart, 1903-1905. Subsequent ministers have been Rev. Neil Macintyre, 1923-1950; Rev. Donald Campbell, 1951-1983; Rev. Angus Morrison, 1986-1989; Rev. DB Macleod, 1991-1995; Rev. HM Cartwright, 1998-2011; and Rev. David Campbell, 2013-date. The first church was in East Fountainbridge. The present church in Gilmore Place was purchased in July 1921.
For a more detailed history of the Edinburgh congregation, see here.