No services being held for the present due to the Coronavirus outbreak. Situation subject to review.
Last Sabbath in January and June.
Rev Kenneth D Macleod
Free Presbyterian Manse
11 Auldcastle Road
Tel: 01463 712872
E-mail: [email protected]
- The need to prepare to meet God 22 Mar 2020
- Jesus’ power over the devils 22 Mar 2020
- Blessings for the Gentiles 18 Mar 2020
- Jesus given the Spirit 11 Mar 2020
- God remembering His covenant 8 Mar 2020
- The righteousness that God requires 8 Mar 2020
- God’s call to behold His Chosen One 4 Mar 2020
- We need to know God 1 Mar 2020
- Redemption and forgiveness through grace 1 Mar 2020
- God ruling the sea and stilling the waves 23 Feb 2020
The Inverness congregation dates back to 1893, the first minister, Rev. Allan Mackenzie being ordained in November of that year. Mr Mackenzie left in 1897. Subsequent ministers have been Rev. JR Mackay, 1900-1918; Rev. Ewan MacQueen, 1919-1938; Rev. AF Mackay, 1947-1987; Rev. DM Boyd, 1989-2000; Rev. GG Hutton, 2001-2014; Rev. KD Macleod, 2017-date. The first church building was on Fraser Street. The present church on Chapel Street was opened in January 1900.
For a more detailed history of the congregation, see here.